We continue our tutorial series on fighting in different Elvenar tournaments, and now is time for the Marble tournament. Fighting in Elvenar is highly specific to individual city – stage of development, troops unlocked and available, Ancient Wonder levels, temporary / evolving building boosts and so on. So it is practically impossible to make a generic advice on specific matchups, but here we will focus on relatively average end-game city (chapter 16). Even if that’s not you, you can still get some ideas on how to approach different matchups, measure your own performance there and pick the ones that work best. Note, that this is for the current tournament setup on live (Summer 2020), not for the proposed changes as tested on Beta.
Because setup is important, here is what was used in this run:
- Chapter 16 / Elf
- All troops unlocked at 3*, no shortages in availability
- Martial Monastery AW – L26 (+27.00% health)
- Victory Springs AW – L12 (+19% light melee damage)
- Needles of the Tempest AW – L12 (+19% light range damage)
- Dragon Abbey AW – L12 (+19% mage damage)
- Heroes’ Forge AW – L11 (+18% heavy melee damage)
- Temple of the Toads AW – L11 (+18% heavy range damage)
- Fire Phoenix – L10, fed (+50% all units damage)
- Unleashed Unit Upgrade – 1x (+25% health)
- Enlightened Light Range – 1x (+50% light range damage)
- Magnificent Mage Multiplier – 2x (+100% mage damage)
This is a mage-heavy tournament, so we’ll make good use of double MMM here. This is not critical, but it will help a lot to reduce losses quite a bit. Overall, this is fairly straightforward tournament if you have access to Blossom Princesses.
You will see most of the matchups in provinces 01-20; the next video shows more of them up to province 50, so you can check how much variance can there be in losses even with equivalent matchups. And you can see how much time does it take, and how losses accumulate the deeper you go into the tournament.
And here is a summary of sustained losses in this setup:
So hopefully this helped some of you to get a better idea on how to improve your Marble tournament game. And I am planning to do more videos for other tournament types, so stay tuned 😉
Now go and check out our YouTube channel! So if you liked the videos, hit that like button and subscribe for more content like that. More importantly, let me know in the comments (here or on YouTube) what do you think and what else would you like to see on the channel.
In the meantime, you can check out the rest of our Elvenar Strategy content. Till next time!