So, we’re in day 15 of Elvenar Woodelves chapter (see previous day at Elvenar Woodelves – Day 14). Today is probably the last quiet day for a while. The city is all prepped up for the settlement buildout that starts tomorrow. But will we have enough space? And will we have enough mana to support all the massive infrastructure that is planned?
I have missed finishing Forest Fabrications research today by just a few KPs 🙁 This means that I was unable to start placing FFs in my city. Not yet! Tomorrow it will start in its earnest.
Consequently, I have only a few relatively minor changes for today – none of these changed the actual layout. My magic dust manufactory finished its upgrade to L18, and I immediately queued another one to L19. With that, we’re done with T3 upgrades (postponed from the Orcs chapter)!
We still need to start upgrading T1 planks manufactories. These will have to wait as each costs more than 1,000 pop just to move from L19 to L20, and I have 3 of them. I will need to wait until I get enough pop by upgrading residences.
But the highest priority for construction will be settlement buildings. These do not need pop, so that’s not a constraint. In all likelihood all other upgrades will be postponed for a while until I am done with settlement build and upgrade (this includes buliding/replacing Willows). The only builds that might have a higher priority are temporary buildings for the upcoming event, and only because these are very fast to build at L1.
Having said that, here are the main city upgrades that are remaining:
- Ancient Wonders: These are infrequent now (no more than once a week), and won’t require extra pop or space. Would likely schedule these as soon as possible.
- T3 Planks Manufactories x3: I am actually dropping in planks production, so would really appreciate these upgrades. But these can only go in after a lot of pop accumulation. Also, probably won’t have enough pop to upgrade these past L20 (with L23 max). This would still be more than my previous setup with 5x L19.
- Mercenary Camp: Will unlock research for L5-L8. I currently don’t plan to use this building in this chapter, but L5 upgrade is relatively high priority as MC changes shape. The rest are really low priority, and may not be even completed in this chapter.
- Residences: Most are already upgraded to L22, then there is another round of upgrades to L23 (incrementally not as efficient in terms of extra pop). These will be second to last priority if nothing else can be upgraded due to pop requirements.
- Main Hall: I have another level to go for the Main Hall (L22->L23). As it requires a lot of mana for upgrade itself, this will be the last one to go (unless I am overstocked on mana) – probably while I am researching Advanced Scouts or even later. I don’t really need this upgrade for anything right now.
Elvenar Woodelves progress
Today was day 1 of the planks tournament, but that doesn’t generate a lot of extra KPs. On the other hand, as I collected some more orcs (and stopped throwing them into workshop upgrades) I managed to negotiate another 3 provinces on the map. So now I have no more scouted provinces – until tomorrow. And one more province will give me another expansion. That would be super useful!
But as much as I tried to rush towards Forest Fabrications tech, I fell short just a few KPs. So my KP progress forecast (as per Elvenar Woodelves – Optimal Build) is surprisingly accurate. We’re right on target!
Having said that, the real question will be whether production would be able to keep up with the plan. I hoped that the construction will start a bit ahead of the schedule to build some buffer. Oh well…
Planks Tournament – 1* day
Today is the first day of the planks tournament. And we’re even better prepared than the last time! So we have started with 124 squads (vs 112 squads the last time). The losses, however, were almost exactly the same – 31.9 vs 30.5. This means we will likely start next round better off still!
Now, I have still placed Unleashed Unit Upgrade building, for the extra 25% health. I hope to get them from Magic Academy with at least once a week frequency. This would mean that I can do it indefinitely. Because if I don’t (and I don’t have massive investment in Martial Monastery), the losses would be quite spectacular, so probably even L25 barracks won’t be able to overcome.
I learned this the hard way 😉